fot

Spitfire door latch

To: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire door latch
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:30:15 -0500
John -- if anyone in the world could give me the answer I want to hear on
this question, it is probably you.

I would like to acquire new door latch components for my Mk. I Spitfire --
specifically that part that bolt onto the bodywork at the back of the door
opening -- the B Post? (not the mechanism in the door itself). I think it
may be called the striker plate, but it has a doodad on it that swivels
slightly to which the door latch connects.

The ones I have -- race car, street car, parts car, previous parts car --
are all worn out. The best one I have is on the driver door of the race car.
The passenger side door has one that works -- kinda -- but people still
laugh when they see the door held closed by a zip-tie around a rollcage
brace.

It seems to be the unobtainable piece. Something that wears out but nobody
makes replacements?

--Rocky Entriken