fot

RE: OD leaks/ Ignition timing

To: "'Charly Mitchel'" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>, Catpusher@aol.com,
Subject: RE: OD leaks/ Ignition timing
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:09:09 -0700
Oo, ooo I know teacher!! It's because if it wasn't restricted it would be
a short circuit for the water, preventing or at least decreasing flow down
the water jacket. Remember, Hardy's line goes to the pump suction, not
discharge and his intent is to vent the head.

Peyote has a line that goes from the pump discharge to the rear freeze
plug, and I am unconvinced that it does any good. But a vent sounds smart.
It might be just as good to vent to the expansion tank (with a restrictor
to prevent bulk flow)