fot

Spitfire basket case needs a home

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Spitfire basket case needs a home
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:45:13 -0500
Due to some very sad circumstances, the Hill Country Triumph Club is helping
the family of Matt Baker find a home for his car projects. He has a basket
case Spitfire. I don't have all the details yet. I looked it over in a very
crowded garage and in his backyard this evening. It was dark but we do know
that there is a disassembled Spitfire, maybe early 70's, engine in garage,
spare painted frame, many boxes of new parts, new tires on stock wheels, set
of Cosmic Wheels and much more. Many duplicate parts from multiple cars. The
club may put a basket case " kit car" package together and sell off the rest,
but it would be easier to sell all the Spit stuff together. I say this because
there is also what appeared to be a BOP V8 engine as well. The owner intended
to build a "Killer Spit", but he got side-tracked by a couple of other
projects. The house is torn apart for remodeling and he has a 70% completed
Toyota Celica fastback SCCA car. This is also for sale. The engine looks to be
freshly rebuilt. I know the tranny is and there is a locking diff lying on the
bench. The body has new paint, yellow with black highlights, full roll cage,
new race seats, fuel cell....just needs assembly.

It would be easiest to sell this stuff off where it is located, although we
can move it for temporary storage. We are going to send all proceeds to his
memorial fund at his college. If you know anyone that might be interested in
either of these cars please have them contact me and I will do my best to help
coordinate.

If your wondering.....
http://www.hillcountrytriumphclub.org/Matt_Baker.html
http://www.stratfor.com/matthewbaker.neo