fot

Re: Electric Water Pump

To: "Peter Vucinic" <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>,
Subject: Re: Electric Water Pump
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:02:59 -0700
Is there a simple or not so simple modification to do to the standard water
pump to keep it from cavitating?  Can a couple of the veins be machined
differently or removed?  Could the volute be modified to slow the flow?  Are
there any other pulleys which may fit on the pump to slow it down?  How
about a smaller crank dampener?  this would be beneficial to the alt/gen
also.
I think I saw something somewhere for a replacement lower pulley which may
solve more than 1 problem.
I race my TR6 in a vintage class and I prefer to keep the car correct in
appearance, meaning the way it would have raced in '69.
Charly Mitchel