fot

RE: velocity stacks and stand-off

To: gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: velocity stacks and stand-off
From: "tstrange@new.rr.com" <tstrange@new.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 05:06:50 -0400
Greg,
  Just wondering; what was the shape of the outside lip on the stacks you
used.  They should be rounded back toward the outside of the stack (fully
radiused).  If these happened to be of the variety with a sharp outside
edge, this could be one source of trouble.
  If you check the airflow into various stacks, I believe you will find
quite different characteristics between the sharp edged ones and the ones
with a fully radiused outer end.  I dont have the explanation, but they
result in very different air-flow patterns.
Tom Strange
#4 White