fot

Pauter rod in spitfire 1300 block

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pauter rod in spitfire 1300 block
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:58:34 -0500
Amici,

For the latest incarnation of Susan's race engine we had ordered in
a set of Pauter billet rods.  To make a long story short it appears that
the big end diameter might be a little on the small side and what
makes the situation even worse is one of the number 2 rod bolt
heads hits the webbing on the block by the dip stick.

Since we can't talk to Pauter until monday we're wondering if
anyone else has run into these problems using their rods?

Has anyone had experience grinding metal from this area of the
spitfire block?

Brad