fot

Re: TR 4, 4A, etc. FRont Spring Spacers]

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR 4, 4A, etc. FRont Spring Spacers]
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:41:45 -0500
FOT,
Somewhat related question. Our race group recently agreed to allow threaded
collar adjustable coil-overs on 240Z's and other cars with 1972 rules. The
240Z guys proved that BRE and Sharp were making these and fitting them under
the spring perch in the struts and that the SCCA made a rule change around
1971 to allow for such a thing, albeit only on MacPherson Strut cars.
Nevertheless, it brings to mind that the idea of a threaded spring spacer
under the TR springs front and rear on a TR4A/6 would allow for some corner
weight suspension tuning. Of course, one would have to replace the
adjustable spacers with fixed units once the ideal settings were found to
maintain legality. Has anyone done this?
Bob