fot

Re: Learning to Drive

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Learning to Drive
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:30:33 -0700
>PS My favorite book on racing is SPORTS CAR AND COMPETITION DRIVING by Paul
>Frere, published by Robert Bentley, Inc. 1969.

Ditto on Frere's book. I also like Vic Elford's PORSCHE HIGH-PERFOMANCE
DRIVING HAND BOOK. He really goes into the mechanicals of both the
"mechanics" of how to both drive the track and how to drive the car. All
the lessons mixed into stories of his racing career.  While he of course
talks about Porsche's the discussion works for all cars.