fot

HS6 on GT6+

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: HS6 on GT6+
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:41:52 -0800 (PST)
I've had a set of the TriumphTune adapter plates, a pair of HS6
and a spare intake manifold sitting around for years. For some
reason, the rainy weather today inspired me to spend a few hours
in the shop trying to find it all and start setting it up.

I was quite surprised when I got the heater valve out intact. I
haven't yet budged the steel hose barb or the pot metal banjo
bolt; I'm sure one of those will tear right out :-)

Anyway, I have been trying to decide if it's worth boring out
the manifold to match the 1.75" hole. There isn't really enough
meat to cut clear through all around; there's a section at
the bottom that is already blended up into the splitter, and
some of the manifold around there won't take much cutting
at all. But parts of it will.

Is it worth it? I can't do it with "just" a boring head, though
I could do some - but it might be an excuse to by a small
rotary table for the milling machine. :-)

Or I could just bore down to the thickness of the mounting face
and leave a step, or blend the step.

Thanks,
chris