fot

Re: Lap times

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lap times
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:05:27 EST
Shane,

Jim Spencer had the Road America D Production record in 1962  in a TR4 at
2:59  80 MPH average. Bob Tullius had the record the following year, I believe.
(I could go look in my archives, but I am not going to)

Vintage TR3s and 4s now run between 2:49 and 2:59 with some running in the
low 3:00s at Road America. (Mike Jackson, Jack Drews, and Tony Drews, for
example)

We run a lot of stock parts in TR4 #197 and it has seen 2:57 (Sean) and 2:58
(Joe A).

The improvement in tires, condition of the track, and the preparation of the
car have a lot to do with it. Sometimes the driver has some influence, as
well. Probably in that order.

Joe (A)