fot

Re: Feedback from Parts Cleaning Inquiry

To: <Group44TR7@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Feedback from Parts Cleaning Inquiry
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:32:18 -0600
I tried the household hazardous waste program locally and abandoned it
because they were  more focused on useless rules than on collecting
hazardous waste.

Things like, you could only bring a couple of gallons at a time, and they
were only open to receive it on even-numbered Thursdays. Instead of being a
help, it was a hassle. I don't like having to arrange my work around their
schedule every time I do an oil change.

The better alternative, I found, was the local Jiffy Lube. No balking when I
walked in with 10 gallons of used oil and almost as much used coolant. The
only concern they voiced was that their waste oil tank was full at the time,
but I told them I did not need my old Prestone jugs back so then they were
okay with keeping it.

--Rocky Entriken