fot

Re: Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

To: WEmery7451@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 07:55:10 -0500
At 11:49 PM 01/07/2004 -0500, WEmery7451@aol.com wrote:

>My argument was that many vintage racers have gone the extra mile to install
>roll cages for extra safety, and are not going to take them out of their cars
>for a race.

If you take a look at the event pictures from 2003 here -
http://www.vscca.org/display.cfm?CategoryID=69  you will see lots of open
production cars with roll-over bars that appear to be done to the specs I
see at vintage events I run. It appears if your roll-over protection is
SVRA legal, you are not going to get rejected right off for that. Of
course, I could be wrong. From what I have heard, one never knows exactly
what VSCCA is up to, especially if one runs a Triumph!

My guess is the organizers are going to turn away true cages, as shown here
on one of GT-Classic's Caterham's. (Thanks,
John!)  http://www.gt-classics.com/jpg/eprod6.jpg

I have been following the emails on the Vintage Race list, and my guess is
they are going to solicit as many entries as possible, hopefully get over
subscribed, and them choose amongst the entries the most "appropriate"
cars. I believe their criteria will be based on looks and what we tell them
our prep level is.

The Cloverleaf site is alive again.
http://www.cloverleaf-auto.com/pittsburgh_vintage_grand_prix.htm

And this link - http://www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com/ is live and
appears to have info biased towards the spectator, not the participant.