fot

Re: "Diner"

To: BillDentin@aol.com, rjl@gt-classics.com, N197TR4@cs.com,
Subject: Re: "Diner"
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:45:15 -0500
At 09:40 AM 1/13/04 -0500, BillDentin@aol.com wrote:
>Far as I know, Diner is part of a Trilogy on growing up in Baltimore
>during that era.  I think the other two are Tin Men and Avalon, but as
>usual I may be wrong.

Yeah, that's about right.  Some of the same actors and characters carry over,
if I recall correctly.

>Speaking of Baltimore, does anyone remember the old Baltimore TRIUMPH
>spares house, START YOUR ENGINES?

Definitely!  I spent lots of time and money there.  They were actually further
south, near DC (Rockville, as I recall) rather than Baltimore.

>They were a major player at one time, ALA MOSS or TRF, but they bit off
>more than they
>could chew.

One of their main guys is now at Moss (or was until recently); he moved
west when
Moss bought them out.

Cheers,

R. John Lye