fot

Re: Cold Air Boxes

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cold Air Boxes
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 07:33:25 -0800
> I've had problems with the Grose jets in my own cars and won't use
> them.
> We've found when someone is having a 'stuck' float, 9 time out of ten,
> it's
> a Grose jet.

I once put a set on an MGBGT.  The one on the front carb worked
flawlessly.  The one on the rear carb stuck frequently.  I got into the
habit of carrying the knock off hammer in handy reach to give the rear
carb a quick knock.  My current impression is when you get one that
works, it works fine and seems reliable but if you get one that sticks,
best to toss it out and try another.  I eventually went back to
standard SU jets.  But I kept the hammer handy for striking the SU
electric fuel pump on occasion.

TeriAnn