fot

RE: Adhesive Sticker and Number Removal - Now Paint Cleaner

To: <Group44TR7@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Adhesive Sticker and Number Removal - Now Paint Cleaner
From: "WenAl Hart" <wenal@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:33:08 -0700
Hi Cary,

When we bought our '6, it had been stored under boxes & other garage junk &
goo for 7 years. It's once bright yellow paint was filthy & barely
yellowish.

I picked up some stuff from our local auto paint supply store called
"Highlighting Glaze 3000S", made by DuPont. They suggest to use it as a
machine glaze but can be applied by hand (which is what I did).

What a difference it made! Someone once explained to me how it affected the
paint, but all I can remember now is how it pulled all the dirt out of the
paint & brought back much a lot of the color's depth. I can't confirm if it
scratched the paint since the last paint job on the car was prepped with a
coarse-grit DA.

I don't know what you used to paint your car or if this stuff will react
negatively to it. The label says it contains the following; maybe one of our
chemical gurus can tell you if you should stay away from it:

Mineral oil, mineral spirits, water, kaolin, glycerine, diethanolomine &
crystalline silica.

I've only used the stuff once to get the paint cleaned up. I use regular
polishes & waxes for the regular shining-up of the paint.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Wendy Hart
http://home.comcast.net/~wenal/