fot

RE: breakin

To: "'Jack W. Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: breakin
From: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:44:30 -0800
So, now I am just about to break in my rebuilt engine.  Just had the
crank turned and nitrited, new forget pistons, deck blocked, etc.  Hope
to start it this weekend.  My normal [normal, this is the second time in
my life and last in two years] process would be to squirt a little oil
in each cylinder before I put the head on, thoroughly lube the cam, put
the head on, fill the engine with oil through the tappet holes, spin the
oil pump drive gear manually to put oil everywhere, install the dizzy,
open my preprimed accusump, start the motor and run for 20-30 minutes at
between 2 and 3000 RPM.

Given what you wrote below, is the only step I should skip the
pre-oiling of the cylinder walls?
Thanks,
Chuck