fot

Re: Fuel system questions

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, "Susan Kahler" <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel system questions
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:19:45 -0800
Susan, I have a 69 TR6 with triple Webers DCOE 45's on it.  I use a Wix
canister filter located in the trunk.  This filter is about a 8 ounce or so
capacity and screws on like a oil filter.
I then have a double ender fuel pump, similar to a SU.  This is a British
made replacement pump for the double ender SU used in the V12 E-types.  My
thoughts here are if it's good enough to run 4 ZS 1 3/4" carbs up to 145
mph, it should be good enough to run my Webers to 130mph.  BTW, I'll be
changing to 2 SU HIF6's this year at the request of our racing body.
The fuel regulator is a Holley which I picked up @ the local speed shop.
Everything seemed to work fine last year(my first year) and I plan to retain
it with the SU's.
I attached a picture of my car as well.
Charly