fot

Re: Fuel system questions

To: "Susan Kahler" <spitfiresuz@141.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel system questions
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:16:14 -0600
Two pickups in the ATL cell, one in each back corner (what ATL recommends
for road racing).

Two Holley Red pumps. Each has its own dash switch. Both run simultaneously.
One mounted on each inside rear fender. They feed to a common tee into the
single fuel line to the front.

Three little glass fuel filters -- Can't tell you the brand. Found them at a
local speed shop. They let me see that fuel is actually flowing. One just
before the inlet of each fuel pump (between the pump and the cell). The
third is under the hood just before the regulator. BTW, each fuel pump also
has a filter in it.

Single Holley regulator -- one inlet, two outlets to the two SU carbs. Set
around 2.5-3 lbs.

Never a fuel starvation problem (a couple of times when I accidentally
flicked the pumps off don't count).

--Rocky Entriken -- GP Spitfire

PS -- last winter I pulled all the foam out of the cell to clean it out. It
had almost no residue in it after some 7-8 years of use. I credit that to
the clean VP fuel -- virtually nothing in the fuel the filters had to
filter.

PPS -- And my floats are set opposite each other in the manner Jack Drews
mentioned. One hinges "front," the other hinges "back" -- neither hinges
"sideways"