fot

Correct spring for use with Summers axles on GT6?

To: <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Subject: Correct spring for use with Summers axles on GT6?
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:36:12 -0600
Hi Ed,

We're playing with different springs here trying to come up with the correct
spring for use with the Summers axles applied to a GT6.  The stock Spitfire
spring seems to be fine on my Spitfire using the Summers axles (as long as I
don't use a lowering block -- too much camber).

I'm starting with the assumption (dangerous, I know) that use of a later
Spitfire spring (as I've done on my car) on the GT6 would give the correct
spacing of the upright relative to the axle length, and that we'd need to add a
leaf or two or three to add the necessary stiffness.

Any thoughts on the topic?   Were there others who bought the Summers axles and
are using them on a swing-axle GT6?

Scott Barr
McCarty Curry Wydeven Peeters & Haak, LLP
(920) 462-0633 (direct)
(920) 766-4756 (fax)
sbarr@mccarty-law.com

EMAIL NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message [and
all attachments thereto] is intended for the personal and confidential use of
the designated recipient(s). This message is an attorney-client communication,
and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is
NOT the intended recipient or an agent authorized to receive personal and
confidential messages directed to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby
notified that you have received this message in error, and that any review,
dissemination, distribution, copying or any other use of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender by e-mail reply or by collect telephone call to (920)766-4693.