fot

Re: re-torqing cylinder heads hot???

To: fot@autox.team.net, Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Re: re-torqing cylinder heads hot???
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:09:29 EST
For the TR2/3/4 motor with the factory competition shim head gasket, do NOT
retorque
it hot or cold unless there is a problem.

If you do not believe me, ask Bob Tullius!

Stud and top of block cracks are likely to result.

Take your time and use a beam, calibrated torque wrench; let it sit, and
recheck.

If the  normal valve adjustment is done cold, Andy, then one must allow the
motor to cool completely before the then mandatory valve adjustment check.

The trick question is: to retorque the rocker pedestals hot or cold.

 Hardy