fot

Virus Advisory 030204 --

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Virus Advisory 030204 --
From: "mordy dunst/ gasket works" <gasket.works@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:26:45 -0800
Message
FYI   This is just another advisory from my Information Tech. Services guru at
my regular job.

There is a new virus w32/Beagle.h@mm that has passed right through the virus
scanners and executable filters, because the virus writer password protected
the zip file.  We have since put in a filter that will block password
protected files, since virus scanners and executable filters cannot look
inside them to scan for viruses or executable.

There were some viruses that did get through, but none were opened as far as
we can tell.  If you receive a zip file, and the zip file asks for a password,
please delete the message immediately.  ITS/Data Security is monitoring our
network for infections.  So far there has not been any infected PCs, but when
infected machines are found, ITS will take appropriate actions.  The virus
might pretend to be a system administrator  don't let this fool you.

  Also, this virus goes right through the virus protection in Yahoo mail and
hotmail as well.

More Detailed Information:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_101068.htm