fot

RE: Virus Advisory 030204 --

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Virus Advisory 030204 --
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:42:31 -0800
> There's a bunch of new viruses out now, and in several variants. Beagle is
> up to K now, Netsky up to G, Mydoom up to H, etc., but your virus
> protection
> should snag it if it is up to date.

Except that by definition, the virus pattern files are not updated until
after at least someone is infected by the virus.  This happened to us at
work a few days ago, we were hit by a virus several hours before the updated
pattern files were published.

The best protection remains never opening an email attachment with a
suspicious name extension.  If you don't know what ".pif" means, DON'T OPEN
IT !

Randall Young
Senior Software Engineer
NavCom Technology, Inc