fot

RE: TR6 Front Brake Calliper Upgrade

To: Peter Vucinic <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Front Brake Calliper Upgrade
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 06:29:00 -0800
AS I recall the TR6 brakes are pretty much the same as TR3/4. I used the
Wilwood Ultralights in my TR3 and later in Peyote until the very astute tech
inspector at the Monterey Historics gagged. The ones I used bolted right in
place, no mods at all. Sorry, don't have the number, but they are clearly
intended to replace girlings, so I'd ask for that. I just measured the
mounting holes and disk slot depth and went to race central with my
calipers.

The calipers were wonderful--lots of brakes and lots of modulation. Very
progressive feel and  so powerful I never felt them fade much, even in long
races on tight tracks. Highly recommended if you can get away with them.