fot

Re: JET-HOT HEADERS

To: SHANE Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>, CoffeyJack@bfusa.com
Subject: Re: JET-HOT HEADERS
From: rem9@sunlink.net
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 14:01:01 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Pacesetter headers are by the same company that makes Monza exhaust systems, I
believe. All their manufacturing has been moved to Mexico years ago and I have
heard from a number of folks who have tried using their pieces they don't fit,
at all in some cases. If they have manufactured a set of headers that actually
fit well, it's late breaking news. These are built more for the "street" crowd
that wants"racing headers" on their grocery getter. If you're looking for real
horsepower gains talk to Jerry Stahl in Pennsylvania. His headers are truly
designed using a dyno, will fit and definately make horsepower. They are a pain
in the ass to install, especially on a Spitfire, but it's worth the agony.
Well, you asked for opinions, I would avoid Pacesetter like a case of crabs.
Stahl has their act together. Coatings on headers have often been remarked to
be more cosmetic than functional, I suppose that's a matter of taste. Expensive
process if it doesn't add horsepower or preserve the header. Again, an opinion.
Possibly others have dyno work to prove me wrong, glad to hear the information.
I'm old enough now to always be willing to learn new things.

Best of luck with your search.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49