fot

Re: JET-HOT HEADERS

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: JET-HOT HEADERS
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 12:51:33 -0700
>...Stahl has their act together. Coatings on headers have often been
>remarked to be more cosmetic than functional, I suppose that's a matter of
>taste. Expensive process if it doesn't add horsepower or preserve the
>header. Again, an opinion. Possibly others have dyno work to prove me
>wrong, glad to hear the information. I'm old enough now to always be
>willing to learn new things...

I don't have Dyno data and I did not use a coating on my headers but I did
use wrap and I certainly noticed a tremendous difference in the decreased
amount of heat in the cockpit. So, even if it does not add HP but does make
the ride more comfortable while wearing our thick drivers suits it was
certainly worth the time that I spent carefully wrapping and spraying the
headers.