fot

Re: Sort of an LBC question... but not exactly.... (long

To: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Sort of an LBC question... but not exactly.... (long
From: "Michael D. Porter" <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:17:13 -0700
Larry Young wrote:
> John,
> You're thinking about the civilized world, but this is Texas!   Speed
> traps are frequently used, with the help of the local justice of the
> peace, to help boost the town coffers.  Usually, they require you to pay
> on the spot or got to jail. I'm surprised Michael was allowed to drive
> away without paying.  Be especially careful toward the end of the month,
> because they'll be looking to fill there quotas.

As an example, just about everyone in Texas knows about Bangs, TX. The whole
town is such a speed trap that it's now
entered the realm of urban myth... there are continuing arguments about how
many different constabularies have speed
traps set up there.

I was probably let go because it happened on an interstate highway, but that's
just a guess. If it had happened in one
of the more notorious small towns in Texas, I might have been detained.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance.