fot

ITC Challenge Race for 2005 at Hallet Oklahoma?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: ITC Challenge Race for 2005 at Hallet Oklahoma?
From: RKRAMER3@austin.rr.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:44:19 -0600
Triumph racers,

There has been some ongoing discussion amongst the Texas/Oklahoma FoT guys
(TxFot) about hosting a version of the ITC using the 2005 April CVAR event as a
venue. We have had preliminary discussions with CVAR and they are open to our
ideas. The weekend that is planned is April 1-3, 2005. It is a 3 day event,
with all day practice on Friday. We could consider adding a Thursday practice
day if the cost isn't out of line. CVAR hasn't done that before, but it may be
time to consider a 4 day event. We have proposed a Triumphs only practice group
for Friday, a Spitfire vs. Sprite Challenge race(we have a lot of Sprites in
CVAR), a TR vs. MG challenge race and of course the All Triumph Race.

Hallet Motor Racing Circuit is centrally located 30 minutes west of Tulsa.
Hallett is a ten turn 1.8 mile track with a number of elevation changes to it.
As tracks go, it is not a very high speed track. It is a driver's track that is
technical in the sense that one must apply good driving techniques to negotiate
it quickly. As such, it is likely one of the best tracks in the country to
learn high performance driving on. The runoff areas are wide and the safety
barriers are tire walls, not concrete or Armco steel. The facility is a great
spectator track with camping on premises. They have covered carports on slabs
for rent, including some that can hold 8 cars or more. I believe the track can
be reached in a reasonable day plus tow for most of us. It's 8.5 hours for me
from Austin. Weather in early April in Tulsa has daytime temps in the 60's with
40's at night. Rain is always a possibilty but we have been pretty lucky with
our CVAR events. Check it out at:

http://www.hallettracing.com/

What I need now is a show of email addresses from people that think this is a
good idea and would make the effort to come to such an event. I guess knowing
the reasons why some might not be able to come would also be good, such as
conflicts with other planned events and so on. Although we haven't ironed out
the details within CVAR, I'm sure we can work something out with respect to
newer and more highly developed cars. CVAR cuts off at 1972, but we will work
on a system for accepting other Triumph entries.

Bob Kramer

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
RKRAMER3@austin.rr.com.vcf]