fot

Re: Opinions on engine problem

To: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Opinions on engine problem
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:35:21 +1200
It shouldn't be unless the pistons have been set to come out of the top of
the block. Normally it is easiest to machine everything so they are all
level, really good places machine so they protrude a very small amount, go
above this amount and yes they can hit the head when warm. (I think the max
is about .010". The noise could be piston pick up, some forged pistons
require bigger clearances than standard as they expand more, was this taken
into account?
John Kipping