fot

Re: Opinions on engine problem

To: REK46@aol.com
Subject: Re: Opinions on engine problem
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:28:11 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 REK46@aol.com wrote:

> Are the connecting rods "directional",like the Spitfire?

Yes they are, but the motor will not spin if you put the rods in backward.

I'd make sure that there is adequate clearance for the pushrods where they
go through the head. Failing that as the problem, I'd get a stethascope
and try to isolate where the sound is coming from.

Dropping the pan is also a very good idea.

One thought just came to mind - is the set screw still installed in the
rear rocker pedestal? If that gets loose to bounce around, the sound can
mimic a "death rattle".

Good luck,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |