fot

Re: Shameless event promotion

To: wgrosenbach@juno.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shameless event promotion
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:10:58 EST
In a message dated 03/23/2004 4:40:09 PM Central Standard Time,
wgrosenbach@juno.com writes:

> If you're planning to attend and haven't obtained tickets yet, please
> mention that you were drawn to the event by the return of the Vintage
> cars to the program. They really put on a good show and were bumped last
> year by a group who put up $100K for the privilege of taking the spot
> from the Vintage racers and were nowhere as popular. There is a need to
> convince the promoters that the Vintage group is putting butts in the
> seats.

Bill:

Good Luck.  I hope it happens, but it strikes me that series is more rumor
than reality.  For sure don't give them any money out front.

You are right about the popularity of the vintage cars.  We ran one of the
old vintage sessions of the St. Pete's Grand Prix, and both of the events at
Minneapolis and Grand Rapids.  It was very difficult for the featured series to
deal with the fact that the vintage sessions got so much newspaper ink
(especially photos), and TV coverage.  People are funny in the way they handle
such
matters, and in Grand Rapids in an effort to take us out of the spotlight, they
placed us last on race day, but the crowd stayed for our race.  People I
talked to said stuff like, "I like your cars.  They sound like race cars."

Bill Dentinger