fot

Re: Motor Probs

To: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>,
Subject: Re: Motor Probs
From: "MARK J WEATHERS" <markjwea@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 05:21:59 -0700
Chuck, sorry to hear about your engine damage. My Haynes manual shows the
oil flowing from the outside of the filter towards the center back into the
engine. You should be able to look at the adaptor off the engine and see
which line is ported to the outside and which is ported to the inside.

Also take a look at your check valve for the accusump. You should have a
check valve preventing backwards flow thru the pump from the accusump during
periods of low pump output. Without it your accusump would at least
partially dump back to the sump side. If this valve is in the wrong place or
backwards it could cause this problem.

May also want to check the screw-in bypass valve in the block, if it sticks
open your pump will dump back to the pan.

Mark