fot

Engine problems [need pistons] and bushing question

To: "'kas kastner'" <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Engine problems [need pistons] and bushing question
From: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:04:42 -0800
My engine problems turned out to be related to a malfunctioning oil pump -- I
fried two pistons in the first 10 minutes of use.  Never again will I not
trust a new gauge [as Ted Schumacher said, use an analog not electric oil
gauge and you always know it is not wires].  So now it is another $1000 to get
the car back on the road/track.

These were new .04 over JE forged aluminum pistons.  I can get more made, but
minimum order is for 4 [at about $600].  Does anyone happen to have any of
these laying around or know of a source that might have them.  Got the ones I
have from David Weber of Malvern racing, but I do not believe he has anymore.

On another subject, I have been playing around with making some eccentric
brass bushing for the lower front A arm. These would have a means to rotate
with the intent of having a way to easily [or more easily than now], adjust
camber and caster. Thought of doing the same at the top, but it would be hard
to get to them. This is for a race vehicle, so not concerned about having
delrin or nylatron bushings.

Any idea if this would work?

Chuck Arnold
Technical Manager