fot

Re: TR3 dual master cylinder

To: grandwazoo@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 dual master cylinder
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 15:44:19 EDT
In a message dated 04/25/2004 2:36:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
grandwazoo@earthlink.net writes:

> Whats the simple, straightforward approach to getting dual master
> cyclinder brakes in a TR3?   Like something that could be done for a
> street car that doesnt include a total re-engineer at the firewall.

Mike:

Our friend John Harkness engineered a neat and tidy way to do that many years
ago with a Lucas part off an Austin Taxi cab.  The part is scarce as hen's
teeth over here, but quite common in the UK.  If you order one, you should
consider a rebuild kit or two for the shelf.

       LUCAS Split Cylinder off an AUSTIN Taxi
       Cab used to split brake system on TRIUMPH TR3
             LUCAS PART #64066044
             REBUILD KIT #SP2683

Bill Dentinger