fot

Re: TR3 dual master cylinder

To: tony@tonydrews.com, grandwazoo@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 dual master cylinder
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:55:52 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/04 1:14:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tony@tonydrews.com writes:

<< Revington sells a kit for the TR-2 to 4.  It uses a TR-4 pedal
 assembly.  It's direct bolt in for TR-4, requires a bit of firewall
 massaging for TR-3 (not sure how much). >>

I installed this system on my TR-3 when SCCA required a dual system (the same
year that Hardy and Jack Wheeler retired their Triumphs).  Two brake master
cylinders and a clutch master cylinder are supplied.  A little larger hole
needs to be cut in the firewall, but it uses the existing pedal assemble, which
does not have to be removed.

I gained some finger mussels back then from bending copper tubing in the
engine compartment.  I also left the brake light switch connected to the front
brake circuit.  You have to get use to shoving harder on the brake pedal to
slow
down or stop.