fot

TR6 upright

To: "MARK J WEATHERS" <markjwea@email.msn.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 upright
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 07:30:05 -0700
Mark, I sent out the TR6 upright to you last week, you should be getting it
today.  I hope it works for you.  I tried to knock the axel out of it and I
put a few scratches on the surface the seal rides on, I hope they can be
polished out.  I had my 1st race this last weekend that the car actually ran
well,  in Mission BC ( http://vrcbc.ca/hmr.html ).  The replacement axels seem
to work well, I was able to just about cut my stopping distance in half.  They
worked so well I overheated my brakes and warped the rotors.  Now to find a
fix for that. I've been running organic pads on the front until now and I'm
switching to semi-metallic as soon as I put the rotors back on.  Any thoughts
on the brakes?
I also had a problem with the car running hot.  I put in a restrictor in the
thermostat housing and it helped a little bit, but on the last race the car
boiled over.  I've tried contacting the guys @ Racestorastions about the
aluminum water pump impellor, but get no response.  Do you know of a stateside
source for them?  I'm taking the radiator out to make sure it's not blocked
and having it flow tested.  Any other ideas on trying to keep the car cool?
It only seems to over heat when I start running it over 5000rpm's.  On the
street it seems to stay cool.
My next race is @ Pacific Raceways ( http://www.sovren.org/Page_1.html ) on
May 15th & 16th and hope to have most of these thins sorted out by then.
Let me know about the upright and I can settle with you on the axels.
Thanks, Charly