fot

RE: out of fuel- I think?

To: "'Walt Hollowell '" <walt@hot-tr6.com>,
Subject: RE: out of fuel- I think?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:39:03 -0700
 BTW, there are a lot of alternatives to insufficient fuel delivery. You
should check your float levels very carefully. The best way is to pull the
emulsion tubes and look down them with a flashlight. One of the tubes has a
feed hole on one side. Blow gently down the tube and see if the gas level
rises back up to where it just reaches the hole. That's perfect float level.

A quick check for weak spark (which can easily cause the problem you are
describing) is to narrow the plug gap to about .015". You don't want to run
there permanently because it's easy to foul that small of a gap and you want
a fatter spark, but voltage-caused problems will generally go away.
Likewise, if you open the gap to .050" it will get a lot worse.

Incidentally, a second pump in line will not increase the flow much, it will
increase the pressure. You want the pumps in parallel to increase flow--just
like batteries. Its funny, when people are explaining voltage, current and
resistance they use pumps and water as the analogy, and here I'm using
electricity to explain pumps.