fot

RE: Dot 3, 4, 5 or 5.1

To: "'Charly Mitchel'" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>,
Subject: RE: Dot 3, 4, 5 or 5.1
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 07:58:47 -0700
Dot 5 is not really intended for racing applications. It's great for any
system that you don't want to mess with because it's not hygroscopic like
other fluids (or at least not as aggressive at adsorbing water) and it won't
screw up paint. But the boiling point is relatively low, and it can be very
hard to get all the air out. The _manufacturers_ don't recommend it for
racing applications.