fot

Re: tr7 trans

To: gp89@charter.net ("Jeffery Senty"), fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tr7 trans
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:08:40 -0400
In a message dated 6/30/2004 5:13:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Jeffery Senty"
<gp89@charter.net> writes:

>  A fellow Spitfire racer in Midwestern Council and I were busy drooling
>on the newly acquired
>racecar project in my shop when the topic moved to transmissions. Glade
>has a tr7 trans and
>needs to know what the gear ratio is. Can anyone help? Also, how hard is
>it to modify for use
>in a Spitfire?

=====

Jeff, can't help on the modification for Spitfire issue, but I can point you to
a table I put together several years ago for VTR. It lists pretty much all the
"small car" gearbox ratios, including the four-speed TR7 box (also used in the
Dolomite 1850 model) as well as "stock" final drive and "overall" ratios. Maybe
that will help. (And maybe someday I'll add TR and other "big" Triumph gearbox
ratios to the table....)

--Andy Mace