fot

RE: Monterey

To: BillB@bnj.com
Subject: RE: Monterey
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 10:34:16 -0400
Bill Babcock wrote:

>You need a new 360 spider. Drove it today at PIR for a Ducati track
>day--they invited me as long as I'd give a rides to the winner of a
>drawing.
>I turned pretty consistent 1:26's with no chicane. Not bad for a street
>car--Peyote does 1:32 with the chicane, and it's generally 3-4 seconds
>different, so roughly 1:28 for Peyote. Of course it doesn't turn 160 at the
>end of the straight like the Ferrari does.

When I lived in San Diego in the '90s, we'd drive the Pantera to Monterey.
The following Monday we would always be invited to track day with the
Ferrari Club.  Even though some of the F-cars were pretty hard driven,
the only cars that got past me were non-novice F40s.  After a few years
of getting drubbed, the Ferrari owners stoped bringing their F-cars and
brought their Vipers and GT3 track Porsches instead.  Sigh.

At the end of the day, jumped in the P-car (pimento color, I always ran #29,
maybe you remember Bill?) to stay over at Paso Robles prior to the
drive home on Tuesday.

Shane Ingate, polishing Dellorto's in Maryland

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.