fot

Tireless in Michigan

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Tireless in Michigan
From: "Jeff Snook" <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:53:27 -0400
It was a "tireless" weekend in Michigan.

We also blew two tires on our 44' gooseneck on the way home from Grattan.  The
first blowout occured on I-96 west of Lansing.  We're cruising along at 65 MPH
and some biker guy pulls up next to us and motions to roll down the window.
Tells me we got a flat tire on the trailer.  I didn't even know it!!  Pull off
to the side (big wide apron) get out the old bottle jack, dig the spare out of
the trailer and change the flat.  No problem just going to be 1/2 hour later
than we thought.

Forty five minutes later we hear a big bang!  Damn, there goes another tire
and this time we got no spare.  Limp off the expressway, drop the trailer at a
truck stop, drive the rest of the way home and get a tire first thing Monday.
Drive back up to Ann Arbor (not too far away from us) mount the tire, hook up
and drive home.

Today I replaced all 6 tires (and the spare) with brand new Titan 10 Ply
Radials!  Small investment for the piece of mind of not worrying about them.

Jeff Snook
http://www.snooksdreamcars.com