fot

RE: Tireless in Michigan

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tireless in Michigan
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:25:14 -0700
> From an acquaintance of mine who covers hundreds of thousands of miles per
> hear pulling a 40' gooseneck comes this advice: Check tire
> inflation in the
> early morning every travel day.

FWIW, I remember reading an article in Trailer Life (or maybe Motor Home)
where they were investigating problems with abnormally short tire life.  The
second day out, they discovered substantially lower pressures in two tires.
As I recall, they said driving them like that would probably have damaged
the tires, although not to the point of immediate failure, just enough to
shorten the life.  ISTR they also eventually traced the problem to incorrect
valve cores, not the "high temp" Schrader brand valves.

Randall