fot

RE: Moldex crank

To: "'Larry Young'" <cartravel@pobox.com>,
Subject: RE: Moldex crank
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:30:08 -0700
Actually it would make a lot of sense. We might have a better chance of
getting good bearings and they might up the horsepower by a fair amount.
Bearings that are wider than they need to be are a needless HP drain. The
plain bearings on a 160HP Honda motor are probably half the width of a TR3/4
motor.

But it would be some very experimental engineering, and likely to create a
bunch of new and unexpected problems.