fot

Rev limiter revisited

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rev limiter revisited
From: "Marty Sukey" <mjsukey@eriecoast.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:08:43 -0400
Ok folks, I am presently using a Crane (Alison) XR3000 ignition in the TR6.  I
am thinking seriously about switching over to a MSD 6AL unit so that I can
have the ability to pop in a lower RPM pill when Jason is driving:) I called
up MSD tech support today and explained to them what ignition I was using an
to see if the 6AL would work with the photo unit now inside the distributor.
The man informed me flatly that it would not work.  OK I says, what can you
sell me that I could install in my distributor that would make things all
happy and work together. He says MSD has nothing that would make the 6AL work
in the Triumph.  Now I KNOW I have seen these units in our cars before.  Any
advice?  Any of you folks using it?

Thanks,
Marty Sukey
PS: Please note email address has changed, new one is mjsukey@eriecoast.com