fot

Re: transmission

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: transmission
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 00:00:08 GMT
I suspect that you have checked such things, but just in case -- Is the clutch
releasing all the way?  May be dragging, but with synchros in the forward
gears, it may go in ok, but with no synchros in reverse it is a problem.  Also,
could be the pilot bearing dragging, keeping the tranny spinning just enough to
be a problem.  Nothing in the tranny should be spinning if the clutch system is
working right.

I went to a hydraulic release bearing this year, but forgot to tighten the
bleeder all the way.  The first symptom that I had a problem was difficulting
getting it in reverse.  Bleed the system and tightened the bleeder and all was
good.  Joe(B)

-- "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net> wrote:
I have a peculiar problem with my transmission and maybe somebody can give
me some ideas on what to investigate. It's a standard transmission, close
ratio gears.

The problem is that it shifts well, it goes into all gears well, but when I
try to put it into reverse while standing still, it doesn't want to engage
and the gears grind a lot.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

uncle jack