fot

Re: Racing in the jungle

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Racing in the jungle
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:49:23 -0500
The front of my car was more black than yellow a few times when I pulled
in. Most of us were using two tear-offs, so we could rip one of them off
in the middle of the race. It seemed to be very much a local plague.
Maybe it was God punishing the Texas Aggies. They bugs don't like
Oklahoma, because the trailer floor was covered with dead carcasses when
I got home.

I will confirm that Kramer was looking strong in group 7.  It was great
to see him holding his own against a 911.  It must be nice that they
moved the Caterhams out of that group (those guys are crazy).  My
performance wasn't as good as Bob indicated.  I was holding my own with
the Porsche, but I was only close to the Healey when he dropped back to
play.  I felt like a mouse being toyed with by a cat.  I did win a
couple of races when those cars broke.  I was very competitive with the
Healey at Hallet, so I know there must be 3 seconds for me somewhere at
TWS.  The great news is that I finished another weekend with no
mechanical problems, so after one day at home, I'll be headed to Road
America.  I've been wanting to race at some of the classic tracks since
I bought the car.  After three years, I finally think the car is ready.

We've got 8 Triumphs planning to run at Hallet, Oct. 8-10.  We can
always use more. Oklahoma is closer than you might think.  We've always
gotten a number of RMVR cars, and now see many VSCDA cars.
Larry Young