fot

RE: Cambridge car for sale

To: "'JReed@wilsonsports.net'" <JReed@wilsonsports.net>,
Subject: RE: Cambridge car for sale
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:53:51 -0700
I've turned down $50,000 for Peyote--told the guy "buy it from my estate". I
don't know if it was a firm offer or the guy was just irritated because it
gets to go to Monterey every year. Doesn't matter, I wouldn't sell it for
twice that.

If you consider what it costs to build a really good race car, $56K isn't
all out of line, but that doesn't mean you can sell a Triumph-based race car
for that. What you put into these things has little to do with what you can
sell them for. I got rid of my very nice M6 that I paid $15K for, put more
than $25K into, and sold for $15K. That's how these things work. And it's
why the best kind of car project to buy is one that's done--unless you want
to play or you own Grassroots Motorsports magazine.