fot

Re: Important Warning -- Scam Involving Emails

To: Herald948@aol.com, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Important Warning -- Scam Involving Emails
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:46:02 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/2004 11:14:13 AM Pacific Standard Time, Herald948
writes:
These are getting all too common nowadays, and they're pretty much all scams.
If you look into the message headers, you'll probably see that they actually
originate from some far-off land and NOT from eBay.

Forward them to <spoof@ebay.com> and then delete them!

--Andy Mace

p.s. With the money I'm about to get from some kind Nigerian official's
heirs, I should be in good shape soon.... :-)
According to the Ebay person on the telephone, this was the work of hackers.
They were actually using offical ebay addresses to do this scam, so their
header look legitimate.