fot

Re: fot-digest V1 #1244

To: Editorgary@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fot-digest V1 #1244
From: JFrymark@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:50:35 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/2004 6:19:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Editorgary@aol.com writes:

But  if
you're in the
group that says that there wasn't very many cars  manufactured after1976 that
are worth saving, you probably don't  care.

But how about my 1976 TR6? It is dead stock down to the air pump (!) and,
yes, it just passed what I hoped would be its last CA smog check. However, it
will forever be a "gross poluter" to the state due to a failed test more than 4
 years ago. That means I have to take the smog test at a "Test Only" shop
where  the attendant can ask me questions like "Is it English?" and "Where's
the
catalytic converter?". It was worth a good laugh seeing him hunt for the gas
cap! So instead of saving up to buy a triple Weber set-up and make decent
power  like other 6's, I will amble around detuned to please the smog police
for
as long as I can pass muster.

John Frymark