fot

Looong Race, was Re: cooling system

To: FOT@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Looong Race, was Re: cooling system
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:45:14 -0400
At 05:15 PM 10/18/2004 -0500, Jack W. Drews wrote:

>Do you know how satisfying it is to pass a split window Corvette in a
>lowly Triumph TR4?

Mark Wheatley and I were up to our eyeballs in ground-pounders at M-O and
for the most part were passing them left and right. Was really fun when you
found your spot and got around them. Really frustrating to get stuck behind
a car that eats you up in the straights but slows you down everywhere else!

I did hear the comment in the paddock more than a couple times how slow a
bunch of the big V8 powered cars were. Maybe the somewhat cold track temp
kept their tires from heating up?   ;-)