fot

Re: SCCA cages

To: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Subject: Re: SCCA cages
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:41:05 -0600
Aaron,
Will SCCA still allow an early SCCA car, with its log book number stamped
on its rollbar, to run in a SCCA sanctioned vintage race, configured just
as it was when first raced?

Some years back, SCCA ran a race at Colorado's Pueblo Motorsports Park,
in which they grouped all cars with doors and fenders in a single group.
That group included 2, GT-1 cars. One, a humble GT-1, the other, an
ex-Jack Rousch Trans-Am car. The Trans-Am car qualified 20.0 seconds or
so quicker than todays fast vintage cars. It lapped the other GT-1 car
and took the checker before the smaller Production cars had run half the
race distance. I do not recall anyone protesting, which was a surprise.
That kind if thing alone should keep them in their own groups.

Bill

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:12:50 +0000 fpspitfire@insightbb.com writes:
> Chris...
> No they aren't...Full cages became required about '96 because of an
> incedent
> between a GT1 car and an H-Production car I believe.  Now things are
> little
> different.  Most production drivers of F/G/H boycott run groupings
> which place
> GT1/2 with them.
>
> I didn't see my response post yet...probably a good thing!
>
> aaron
>
> --
> All the best
> Aaron Johnson
> #38 FP Spitfire Mk4 Southern Illinois Region SCCA
> http://www.geocities.com/spitracer9
>

> > Are simple roll bars behind the driver not allowed in SCCA?
> >
> > Chris

Now includes pop-up blocker!